Deutschland Grand Prix
“German national players measure themselves against the extended world’s best” – that’s how the organizers of the Sparkassen Chess Trophy describe the most important tournament of their festival. Because seven players are involved in the tournament, one of them is free to play. This player, together with Artur Jussupow, will then take part in the commentary of the games.
The time limit is 90 minutes for 40 moves + 30 minutes for the rest of the game + 30 seconds for each move played.
- GM Bogdan-Daniel Deac (ROU, Elo 2692)
- GM David Navara (CZE, Elo 2688)
- GM Pawel Eljanow (UKR, Elo 2681)
- GM Matthias Blübaum (GER, Elo 2673)
- GM Rasmus Svane (GER, Elo 2649)
- GM Luke McShane (ENG, Elo 2649)
- GM Dmitrij Kollars (GER, Elo 2648)