(Eagle News) — Typhoon “Odette” is forecast to make landfall in the vicinity of northern or central portion of Palawan this afternoon, as it continues to traverse Sulu sea.
According to the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration, Signal No. 3 is raised over the following areas as a result:
- The northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay, Araceli, Dumaran, Roxas, San Vicente, Puerto Princesa City) including Cagayancillo and Cuyo Islands
- The southern portion of Iloilo (Tigbauan, Leon, Tubungan, Guimbal, Igbaras, Miagao, San Joaquin)
- the southern portion of Antique (Patnongon, San Remigio, San Jose, Belison, Sibalom, Hamtic, Tobias Fornier, Anini-Y)
The following areas, meanwhile, are under Signal No. 2:
- The southern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Bansud, Bulalacao, Roxas, Bongabong, Mansalay)
- the southern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Rizal, San Jose, Magsaysay, Calintaan, Sablayan)
- the western portion of Romblon (Looc, Ferrol, Santa Fe, San Jose, Alcantara, Santa Maria, Odiongan, San Agustin, San Andres, Calatrava)
- the central portion of Palawan (Narra, Sofronio Española, Quezon, Aborlan, Rizal, Brooke’s Point) including Kalayaan and Calamian Islands
- the rest of Iloilo
- the rest of Antique
- the northern and central portions of Negros Oriental (Pamplona, City of Tanjay, Santa Catalina, Amlan, San Jose, Sibulan, Valencia, Dauin, Dumaguete City, Bacong, Zamboanguita, Siaton)
- Negros Occidental
Signal No. 1 is raised over the following:
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands, Marinduque, the southern portion of Quezon (San Antonio, Tiaong, Candelaria, Sariaya, Dolores, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Gumaca, Plaridel, Pitogo, Lopez, Buenavista, Catanauan, General Luna, Macalelon, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco, City of Tayabas)
- the rest of Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Islands
- the rest of Oriental Mindoro
- the rest of Palawan
- the rest of Romblon
- Cebu including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- the western portion of Leyte (Isabel, Calubian, Albuera, Matalom, Tabango, Merida, City of Baybay, Villaba, Kananga, Ormoc City, Carigara, Inopacan, Matag-Ob, Palompon, San Isidro, Hilongos, Jaro, Leyte, Capoocan, Bato, Burauen, Tunga, Hindang)
- the western portion of Southern Leyte (Tomas Oppus, Bontoc, Malitbog, Padre Burgos, Macrohon, City of Maasin, Limasawa)
- The northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Baliguian, Gutalac, Kalawit, Labason, Liloy, Tampilisan, Salug, Godod, Bacungan, Sindangan, Siayan, Jose Dalman, Manukan, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, Katipunan, Sergio Osmeña Sr., Dipolog City, Polanco, Piñan, Mutia, Dapitan City, La Libertad, Sibutad, Rizal)
- the northern portion of Misamis Occidental (Don Victoriano Chiongbian, Aloran, Oroquieta City, Lopez Jaena, Concepcion, Sapang Dalaga, Calamba, Baliangao, Plaridel)
According to the weather bureau, “Odette” was so far located 90 km south southwest of Cuyo, Palawan, packing maximum sustained winds of 155 km/h near the center and a gustiness of up to 215 km/h.
PAGASA said it is moving westward at 25 km/h, and is forecast to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility tomorrow morning or early afternoon after the landfall over Palawan.
The weather bureau said heavy to torrential rains are expected over Western Visayas, Palawan including Calamian, Cuyo, and Cagayancillo Islands, and Negros Oriental.
Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains will prevail over the Bicol Region, Zamboanga Peninsula, Quezon, and the rest of MIMAROPA.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rains, meanwhile, are expected over Cagayan Valley, the rest of CALABARZON, Cordillera Administrative Region, Aurora, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Lanao del Sur, and the rest of Visayas.